Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Black Rose Minerals Review + Color Images!

(Image heavy post.)

A few months back, I read some glowing reviews about Black Rose Minerals. I used my google-fu to find some swatches and blog posts. All of the images were gorgeous so I had to check them out. Much to my delight they had a sample 10 pack where I could pick out the colors I wanted to try AND they ship to Portugal. Not only that it was all very affordable. Yep, I ordered. And plan on ordering more.

I want to get to the swatches right away! (Note: I took these in natural light and tried to make sure the colors are as true as possible!)














You might notice there are more than 10 colors here. Rosa from BRM sent me two bonus samples (Lunar Shower and Lost) along with this super sweet note!


Everything was packed well (shrink wrapped even!) and nothing broke open or spilled in transit on its way across the ocean.


Another great thing about BRM is that all of the shades are clearly marked whether or not they are vegan or lip safe (I plan on using Black Math in a lipstick!) and the ingredients are listed.

It goes without saying that these shades are stunning. Each is hand mixed and individually formulated - no premade, repackaged stuff here! My current favorites are Vertigo and Mechanize. Keep in mind if you don't use a primer the shades will be more sheer and not stick as well - I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. You can also use these wet by spraying a bit of water onto your brush first.

Check them out and browse their vast shade collection here : http://www.blackroseminerals.com

Are you a fan of mineral or pigment eyeshadows? Have you ever used the minerals to make your own lipstick/gloss or nail polish shade? If so, give me some pointers!


No comments:

Post a Comment